TAKING CARE OF OUR HEALTH & FITNESS IS A LIFELONG JOURNEY. THIS ROAD NEVER STOPS AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU. LET'S START BY HELPING YOU CONTROL YOUR MINDS BETTER W/ MEDITATION. MEDITATION PROMOTES PATIENCE & SELF - DISCIPLINE. TWO THINGS VITAL FOR SUSTAINABLE RESULTS
Meditation helps you arrive at conscious awareness of the present moment - and that's a powerful tool to use in every part of your life. You practise meditation by being fully present at the moment via your senses, while calmly observing your thoughts, emotions and bodily sensations - from a distance, without judgement .
Breathing is the key to meditation. It's through breath that we reinforce our vital force, our life energy. With each breath, we're allowing life force energy to enter every cell of our body so it can vibrate with new life. As we take fuller and more controlled breaths, this enables our nervous system to calm us down, increasing our vibration.
Here is a short relaxation meditation that you can start with:
1) Find a quiet place other than your bed (Easy to fall asleep). Being in nature or a dark room is recommended.
2) Creating a relaxing ambiance is essential. Play relaxing music like yoga, spa or nature music if you're indoors.
3) Set a timer of your liking (start with 5 minutes) and keep your phone on airplane mode to avoid distractions. Work your way to meditating up to 20 minutes daily.
4) Close your eyes the entire time.
5) The most important step is to practise inhaling (breathing in) every breath through your nose and exhaling (breathing out) through your mouth.
6) Clear your mind and focus on the present moment.
7) Practise daily.